Saturday, August 15, 2015

Yogi

I'd seen Yogi on Constitution Trail over the years and he'd always say hello when I'd pass him either running or biking. And I'd always want to hear his story. Since I'd planned to do a series of portraits of homeless people I knew Yogi would be a part of the series. I finally ran into him as I was driving on Clinton Avenue. He was pushing a grocery cart filled with laundry despite being unbathed himself. I stopped and this was when I learned his name and invited him to model for a painting which he obliged.

I'm taking a short break from the (In)Visible Men to explore (In)Visible People. Yogi's sunburned skin inspired this first layer of coral pink. If you look closely you can see the first sketch of Jonathan when his portrait was originally intended to be a single portrait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment