Monday, March 7, 2016

Reunited

Robert and Blanche Stephens of Washington, DC contacted me on January 21the day of my retirement reception inquiring if I was the same Ricardo they found on the Internet who painted this still life they purchased in the early 1980s. Of course I was and I was delighted that they found me coincidentally on the day of my reception. They purchased this piece during an exhibition in Winston-Salem while I was in college more than 35 years ago and we had not been in contact nor had I seen the painting since they took possession. I was happy to hear from them and they shared a pic of the painting which I hope to see in person when I travel east to visit family. 

The Raggety Ann doll was used in a series of paintings during this period to create a narrative about a little girl named Rebecca living in the rural south. Four paintings were part of the series and I would love to see them exhibited together.

No comments:

Post a Comment